When life gets busy, every minute counts. But skipping the steps you need to take to keep your accounts safe can cost you more than just your time. A lot more. With so many cybercriminals attacking every day, taking a few minutes to protect yourself and your accounts is time well spent.
When you first signed up for TDECU digital banking, your default username was your TDECU Member number. If you never customized your username, you could be at greater risk for identity theft. But here’s the good news. It only takes a few minutes to update your username for greater account security.
When updating your TDECU username, keep the following do’s and don’ts in mind:
- Do combine two to three words to create a unique username
- Do mix in numbers for added security
- Don’t use your full name or email address
- Don’t use parts of your address or phone number
- Don’t set your username to be the same as your password
- Don’t choose a super-unique username and then reuse it again and again, which makes you easier to track
- Don’t choose a username that gives clues to your passwords, such as a series of numbers/letters.
To change your TDECU Digital Banking username:
- Log in to Digital Banking
- Select Security Preferences from the Settings menu.
- Select Change Password to update your password.
- Select Change Login ID to update your username.
As you update your username, strengthen your password if needed, too. Once done, remember never to share your login credentials with others, and that TDECU won't need to ask for your password, PIN or secure access code.
Have any questions? Call us at (800) 839-1154. Learn more about staying safe online by visiting our Online Fraud Center.