Severe storms and hurricanes are a part of life on the Texas Gulf Coast. We’ve all certainly been through our fair share and know how unpredictable and destructive Mother Nature can be. At TDECU, we place the highest importance on ensuring you have convenient access to your accounts when you need them most. We have well-thought out and proven disaster procedures in place to deliver uninterrupted service and account access, no matter what comes our way.
Before the storm, we will:
- Ensure Member Centers remain open in affected areas until an official mandatory evacuation order is issued and communicate closing times once that order is given.
- Keep Member Centers open in unaffected areas
- Provide affordable loans1 to cover hotel, meals and other evacuation and/or emergency expenses
During the storm, we will:
- Protect your personal financial data and information in a secure location far from the storm.
- Provide uninterrupted service and account access through online and mobile banking, CU Service Centers2, TDECU credit cards, and surcharge-FREE Allpoint® ATMs3 worldwide.
- Keep you informed of TDECU Member Center closings through tdecu.org and Member Care at 800.839.1154.
After the storm, we will:
- Keep you informed of recovery options and information through tdecu.org.
- Provide affordable loans1 for home repairs and item replacement.
- Provide increased credit to cover unexpected expenses, clean up or loss of time on the job1.
- Work with you on payments if you're affected by the storm.
Be weather aware with the latest information from the National Hurricane Center.
Visit TXDPS.State.TX.US/Dem for tips on evacuation preparedness.
2 Some restrictions apply.
3 Some Allpoint ATMs may continue to display a surcharge screen during your Allpoint ATM transaction. If that happens, simply enter “yes” to accept the surcharge and proceed with your withdrawal. You will not be charged the surcharge and no extra fee will be deducted from your account.