TDECU is a Member-owned credit union, founded over 60 years ago by a group of Dow employees who wanted a better way to bank. In the spirit of the cooperative, credit union movement, we remain committed to those looking to be their financial best. Membership is open to those who work and live in the Greater Houston, Victoria, Dallas-Fort Worth, and the Gulf Coast areas. You can open your account in minutes.
TDECU will fund $5 for your new savings account and $1 into your new checking account to give you all the benefits of membership!
Use our online application to open your savings account and you can open your checking account at the same time.
You can easily add funds to your accounts with a transfer from your current bank or with a debit/credit card.
Once your accounts are open, you can immediately enroll in Online Banking. It's that simple.
Better Savings Rates
TDECU gives you access to a variety of savings and checking products such as Certificates of Deposit, Money Market and traditional deposit accounts with higher interest rates than a bank.
Lower Credit Card and Loan Rates
We offer competitive interest rates on credit cards and loans.
Convenient access and service
TDECU offers powerful online banking, bill pay featuring P2P payments and mobile apps for iOS and Android that let you access your accounts on your own time.
The credit union difference
Let’s face it: traditional banks are broken. With high fees, poor customer service and cookie-cutter financial products and services that aren’t tailored to customer needs, banks have lost touch. It's no wonder why hundreds of people make the switch to credit unions annually.
TDECU is a not-for-profit financial cooperative where you are an owner, which means there are no corporate stockholders looking for a return. Instead we pass the profits on to you, our Members, in the form of lower fees and returns on deposit accounts..
Additional membership benefits
- Competitive rates on deposits & loan accounts
- Checking that earns interest
- Free online banking, mobile banking, and bill pay
- Free accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Free Access to over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs worldwide and over 5,000 credit union service centers across the United States
- 24/7 service at (800) 839-1154
- Special offers and discounts
- TDECU offers the security and reliability you expect from a financial institution:
- Federally insured By NCUA
- Credit and Debit Cards with EMV Security Chips
- Secure payments with Apple Pay
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield
**APR = Annual Percentage Rate