Financial Planning Services with TDECU
Managing your finances and planning for your financial future is important for everyone. If you want to have the confidence that goes with pursuing secure future for your family, why not begin today?
It’s never too early to start, whether you are a young college graduate, in your 30’s- 40’s and saving for your kids’ college education or nearing retirement.
As a TDECU member, you have access to a number of resources, both online and at our many branch locations that will help you with any financial goal or challenge you may have.
Managing Your Money 101
- Identify your goals—What are your short-term and long-term goals? Short-term goals are those that take a year or less to reach; it might include purchasing a car or light renovations on your home. Longer-term goals might take a few years; perhaps a European vacation, or new house.
- Be Realistic—What you need in life is not the same as what you want. Needs are the things like food, shelter, and clothing. Wants are things you can live without such as a new car or computer. Reduce your spending on items in the “want” category and your finances will improve immediately.
- Set Priorities—Rank your priorities by importance so you can see when you'll be able to afford them. Categorize fixed expenses from variable expenses so you know what is absolutely necessary vs. what is not. Be sure to keep spending records.
With so many financial obligations and options, money management may seem difficult and confusing at times. That's why we've partnered with BALANCE, a financial education and counseling service that can help you get on track, review your credit report, get out of debt, set up a spending and savings plan that works for you, or prepare to buy a home. All of it.
TDECU is providing this valuable service as part of our commitment to improve the life of our members. All of it is confidential and free to you as our member. We hope you find these tools helpful in your financial growth, and that you take advantage of all that is available to you! If you have questions about any part of the information you read online, you may use the online chat tool or call the toll free number for assistance. Time to grow!
- BALANCE Core Services
- Toll-Free Infoline
Certified counselors are available to answer your questions about money management and other personal finance topics.
- Money Management Counseling
Take a closer look at your spending and savings plan, and develop a plan of action to meet your goals.
- Debt Management
If the bills are starting to pile up, a counselor can review your options, and even provide a structured repayment plan.
- Credit Report Review
A counselor will review your report with you, making sure you know your rights. BALANCE can even provide a low-cost credit report.
- Housing Counseling
Buying a home is one of the biggest financial commitments you'll ever make. A counselor can help you make a plan.
- Additional Mini-sites and Links
BalanceTrack is an online personal finance education program that will guide you through the core aspects of financial management.
- Identity Theft Solutions
Take steps to avoid becoming a victim of identity theft, or to recover if damage has already been done.
- Early Delinquency Intervention
There are many reasons homeowners face difficulty in making mortgage payments. Whatever the reason, it is important to be informed of all available options and to act quickly.
- The Road to Homeownership
Buying a first home is exciting, but can feel overwhelming too. Through preparation and understanding the home buying process, you can achieve your dream.
- Información en Español