SWITCHING TO TDECU IS EASY
The first step in becoming a part-owner of your financial institution is to open an account with TDECU.
- Join TDECU by opening your accounts online or at any TDECU location.
Once you are an account owner with TDECU, you can now proceed with switching your deposits and automatic payments to your new account at TDECU.
- Set up direct deposits to your TDECU checking account.
- Download the Direct Deposit Switch form and send this to your employer’s payroll department.
- OR ask your workplace Human Resources department for a form to have your paycheck deposited directly to your TDECU account.
- To switch government deposits, download and submit the Standard 1199A Direct Deposit Switch Form to TDECU or call the Social Security Administration at 800-772-1213.
- Be sure to use TDECU’s routing number 313185515 when you complete the form.
- Stop using your old account but leave enough money in your old account to cover outstanding checks or withdrawals. When all outstanding checks have cleared and all automatic withdrawals have been switched to TDECU, close your old account.
- Download the Previous Account Closure Form to submit to your old financial institution.
- Check with your prior financial institution to see if they require any specific forms to close your account.
- Switch your automatic withdrawals to be deducted from your TDECU account.
- Contact your billers to update your payment and account information to reflect your new TDECU account.
- Download the Accounts Transactions Checklist to keep up with your automatic payments that need to be updated.
- Enroll in FREE Online Banking, eStatements and Bill Pay.
- Switch your higher rate loans and credit cards to TDECU!
- From auto to mortgages, TDECU has the loan products that fit your needs.
- Apply online for a credit card with low rates and great features.