Online Banking and Mobile Banking Technical Requirements
(Last Updated: 11/14/2016)
The computer you use must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Standard PC or Mac® with at least 1-GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM.
- Available browser updates applied for improved security that provide anti-virus and spyware protection.
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista Service Pack (SP) 2 or 3, Windows® 7 / 8 / 10
- Note: Microsoft stopped supporting Windows® XP and XP-compatible Internet Explorer (IE) in April 2014, including security updates. XP users who do not upgrade their operating systems should replace IE with Google ChromeTM for an up-to-date, secure Internet browser. If you are currently using Windows XP, TDECU highly recommends you upgrade your operating system due to security vulnerabilities that could impact your financial information and other valuable information.
- Cable, Digital Subscriber Line (DSL), or Integrated Services for Digital Network (ISDN) Internet connection. (Dial-up connections are not supported.)
- Note: Satellite connections often have difficulty supporting encrypted, Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) applications. Since Online and Mobile Banking are HTTPS-encrypted for the safety of your financial information, some satellite cable connections may exhibit slow responses.
Desktop and laptop displays can be any height but must support at least a 1300-pixel width. Otherwise, you may need to scroll horizontally to see the entire Online Banking interface.
In some circumstances, we may need to block certain browsers and software from accessing Online Banking and Mobile Banking due to possible security risks and may not be able to inform you in advance. If you attempt to log in with an unsupported browser, you will be redirected to a website to download a new version of the browser.
- Note: For the most secure and consistent experience on mobile devices and tablets, use our mobile app instead of your mobile browser. See the Mobile Application Requirements section for more information.
We do not test third-party software (such as browser extensions, plug-ins, non-credit union provided mobile applications, or non-TDECU supported Personal Financial Management (PFM) applications) to determine compatibility with Online Banking or Mobile Banking.
PDF content on our site requires Adobe Reader 6.0 or later. Free Download - You may download Adobe Reader for free.
Some minimally supported browsers, listed below may show minor behavioral or cosmetic differences in Online Banking, but generally, support the Online Banking features and functionality
PC Browser Compatibility
SP 2 and 3
|Google ChromeTM 37 or later||Supported||Supported||Supported||Free Download|
|Microsoft® Internet Explorer 11.x||N/A||Supported||Supported||Free Download|
|Microsoft® Edge||N/A||N/A||Supported||Free Download|
|Mozilla® Firefox® 33 and later||Supported||Supported||Supported||Free Download|
Note the following details about the PC Browser Compatibility table:
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 SP 1 is required for Internet Explorer 11 support.
- Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 is required for Internet Explorer 11.
- Online Banking is not compatible with Safari® on Microsoft® Windows®, as Apple discontinued development of security patches for Microsoft®Windows®. Online Banking is compatible with Safari® on Mac®OS X 10.8, as shown in the next table.
Mac® Browser Compatibility
|Browser||Mac® OS X® 10.6 - 10.11|
|Google ChromeTM 37 or later||Supported||Free Download|
|Safari® 6 - 8||Minimally Supported||Free Download|
|Safari® 9||Supported||Free Download|
|Mozilla®Firefox®33 and later||Supported||Free Download|
If you need technical assistance downloading your browser, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance.
Mobile Application Requirements
This section describes the operating systems, connection types, and camera resolutions that are compatible with the Mobile Banking Applications that members can download from the Apple Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play (for AndroidTM devices.
Note the following details about our Mobile Applications:
- A valid email address and telephone number are required.
- Mobile Applications function best when GPS or a native mapping app (also called Location Services) is enabled.
- We do not recommend the use of mobile browsers for our mobile experience. Use our mobile application instead.
When requesting support for Mobile Applications, please identify the model and operating system of the device and, if applicable, confirm that the camera is rear-facing.
|Android®4.0.3 and later||Supported|
Apple iOS Compatibility*
|iOS 7.x||Minimally Supported|
* Mobile Applications are compatible with Apple iPhone 4 and newer models.
The following mobile operating systems are not supported with our Mobile Applications:
- Windows Phone®
- Kindle Fire®
*Note: Devices that do not have Location Services or native mapping applications do not support Member Center/ATM locator functionality.
A mobile device with a rear-facing camera is required to deposit checks with the mobile deposit capture (mRDC) functionality in our Mobile Applications. The following table provides camera resolution compatibility for our Mobile Banking Applications.
mRDC camera Compatibility
|1.9 - 4.9 megapixels||Minimally Supported|
|5 megapixels or higher||Supported|
Third-Party account management software
Note the following details about third-party account management software compatibility with Online Banking:
- Microsoft® Money®: We are aware that some members can export Account History successfully from Online Banking to the most recent versions of Microsoft Money. However, Microsoft itself no longer supports those products; therefore, the credit union cannot guarantee the reliability of exports to those applications. The use of Microsoft Money with Online Banking data is solely at the member's discretion.
- Intuit® Quicken®and QuickBooks®: Supported versions of Quicken and Quickbooks are supported by TDECU. Refer to the Quicken Discontinuation Policy for details about discontinued Quicken services and application versions. For additional assistance with your Quicken software, please contact Quicken Support.
WARNING: TDECU is not liable for any direct or indirect technical or system issues or consequences arising from your access to, or use of, third-party technologies or programs linked to from TDECU’s website or our Online and Mobile Banking Applications.