How to do an External Transfer in Online Banking
1. Login to TDECU Online Banking as normal.
2. From the "Transactions" menu select "External Transfer".
3. From the “External Accounts” screen, enter the account number, routing number, and account type of the external account to be added and select “Continue”.
4. A confirmation screen will be displayed indicating that the external account authorization has been submitted.
5. Two micro-deposit amounts will automatically be made into the external account. These micro-deposit amounts are generally made within 5 business days and in most cases less.
6. Once you have received the two micro-deposit amounts in your external account, you should make a note of these amounts and then return to TDECU online banking and login as normal.
7. From the “Transactions” menu, select “External Transfer”.
8. From the “External Accounts” screen, select the link under the “Account Verification” step. The link reads “please click here to enter the amounts and activate your external account”.
9. From the “Account Verfication” screen, select the external account to be verified, enter the two micro-deposit amounts, and select “Continue”.
10. A confirmation screen will be displayed indicating that the external account has been successfully added.
11. You can now initiate external transfers to transfer funds from your external account to your TDECU account.
12. In order to initiate and complete an external transfer, from the “Transactions” menu select “Funds Transfer”.
13. On the “Funds Transfer” screen, the external account will now be listed as an option for the “From” account in the drop-down menu of available accounts.
14. After successfully submitting the transfer, the funds will automatically be debited from the external account and transferred into your TDECU account. These external transfers are generally completed within 5 business days and in most cases less.