TDECU | Loans, Mortgages, Mobile Banking, Wealth Advisors

Go To Home
Commercial Auto Insurance

Commercial auto insurance provides coverage for you and your business. Whether you manage just a few vehicles, or a fleet of them, you’ll find flexible coverage that works for you and your company. Commercial auto covers a variety of vehicle types. It can also be referred to as truck insurance or fleet insurance.

When do you need Commercial Auto insurance?

  • A commercial auto policy is needed if employees operate the vehicle or if the ownership of the vehicle is in the name of a corporation or partnership.
  • If you are using your vehicle to transport goods or people for a fee or if you use your vehicle to conduct a service. You might also need a commercial policy if you need higher limits of liability because of the nature of your work.

What does the commercial auto policy cover? Policies can be customized to your business needs an can include:

  • Bodily injury
  • Property Damage
  • Collision
  • Comprehensive
  • Uninsured/underinsured motorist
  • And more

My car serves double-duty – from 9am – 5pm it serves as a “company car” and from 5pm – 9pm I use it for personal use – transporting my family around, running errands. Is there a policy out there to fit my needs?

If the vehicle is titled in the company’s name, then more likely you will need a commercial auto policy for complete coverage. If you own the business and you have no employees, then a personal auto policy will cover you. When a business owner’s only vehicle serves double-duty for both company and personal use, commercial auto policy is necessary. There are additional endorsements that can be added for complete protection.

Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Routing Number: 313185515

© 2017 TDECU
This credit union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration
Equal Housing Lender   Credit Union Co-op