LeadershipHistory
Leadership

Board of Directors

History

Created by Dow employees who chipped in to offer a $35 loan to a fellow employee, TDECU opened its doors in 1955. We started with volunteer workers and served our member-owners from a rented corner in the Franklin Insurance Agency Building. Over the past five decades we remain committed to the "People Helping People" philosophy in our expanding communities.

YearMilestones in Our History
1955 Our first full year of business, TDECU grows to 698 members and $35,000 in assets.
1965 4,000 member-owners build TDECU's assets to nearly $3 Million.
1975 Direct deposit options and checking accounts offered with no minimum balance. $10 million in assets reached.
1985 Member-owners enjoy 24-hour telephone account access. $200 million in assets reached. 1995 Business hours increase by 40%.
2005 Merged with Texas Crossroads Federal Credit Union.
2006 Reached 100,000 members.
2008 Recognized for being the last financial institution to leave and the first to return following Hurricane Ike.
2008 Began offering Insurance services.
2011 Began offering Real Estate services.
2012 Acquired Bluebonnet Credit Union and San Jacinto Credit Union.
2013 Reached $2 billion in assets.
NOT A MEMBER? FIND OUT MORE

TDECU: Improving the lives of our members for over 55 Years