- In the past week an online security vulnerability, P.O.O.D.L.E. (Padding Oracle On Downgraded Legacy Encryption), has been discovered that has the potential to compromise the computers of account holders accessing the Internet via outdated browsers, particularly Internet Explorer versions 5 and 6.
- In our commitment to your security, and in keeping with industry standards, TDECU is applying an emergency fix and will no longer support such browsers, effective late Wednesday, October 22nd.
- To determine which IE browser version you are using, select "About Internet Explorer" in the "Tools" menu of your IE browser. If you are using IE8 or less, download an upgrade below.
- If you are using Internet Explorer version 9 or higher, you are using a safe browser and can breathe a sigh of relief- there is no further action required on your part.
- If you are using an outdated browser and try to log into Online Banking, you will receive an error message. If you receive this message, download an upgrade below.
- Here are the links to free browser downloads:
This issue does not impact mobile phones or tablets. To download and use our Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets, select your store:
TDECU.org and Online Banking are optimized for Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 and above, Apple Safari 3.2.1 and 5.1, Mozilla Firefox 13 and above, and Google Chrome 13 and above.Thanks for doing your part to ensure your online security. Questions? Please call 800-839-1154.