Did you think homeowners insurance covers flood losses? It doesn’t.
If you’re a homeowner, you might be surprised to learn that your home is more likely to be damaged from a flood than a fire. In fact, floods are the No. 1 natural disaster in the United States. Yet most homeowners do not carry flood insurance.
Consider the fact that 1 in 4 homes run the risk of flooding according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and as we know, the Texas Gulf Coast is a high-risk area. Even a few inches of flooding can mean thousands of dollars in damages. Protect your home and personal property with a flood policy.
To find out how affordable a flood insurance policy with can be, call one of our licensed insurance representatives at 888-833-7358 or Get a Quote today!At TDECU Insurance, you can count on competitive premiums, customizable policies and responsive claim service. For a no-obligation quote, call one of our licensed insurance representatives at 888-833-7358 or Get a Quote today!
- Flood damage is covered by homeowners insurance.
No, not usually. Most homeowner policies cover only wind-blown rain damage or water damage caused by plumbing problems.
- Most flood damage is covered by federal disaster relief.
Not true. Less than 10 percent of weather emergencies are declared a federal disaster. When relief does come, the most typical form of Federal disaster assistance is a loan that must be paid back with interest.
- You can’t get flood insurance if you live in a high-risk area.
Yes, you can. Whether you live in a low, moderate, or high flood risk area, TDECU can connect you with coverage that protects you.
- Flood insurance is too expensive.
Flood insurance is surprisingly affordable. The average cost of flood insurance nationwide is just over $300 a year. That’s inexpensive compared to the cost to repair damage. And, if you have to take out a loan to cover repairs, you’ll be making a loan payment for years in addition to your mortgage payment.
TDECU also has flood insurance from approved carriers for renters and non-residential buildings including commercial structures. Flood coverage is also available for nonresidential structures.
There is a standard 30-day waiting period for your flood policy to go into effect, so purchase your flood coverage now.
At TDECU Insurance, you can count on competitive premiums, customizable policies and responsive claim service. For a no-obligation quote, call one of our licensed insurance representatives at 888-833-7358 or Get a Quote today!* Represents the chance of flooding over a 30-year period in high-risk areas.
Flood, Personal Articles, Auto, Commercial, Home, Watercraft, Umbrella TDECU Insurance has expedited the process of reporting a claim. If you experience a loss, simply contact your carrier directly at the numbers listed below.
- Allstate Insurance: 800-255-7828 or report your claim online
- Chubb: 800-252-4670 or report your claim online
- Encompass Insurance: 800-588-7400
- Fidelity National Property & Casualty: 800-220-1351
- Fidelity National Flood: 800-725-9472
- Foremost Insurance: 800-527-3907 or report your claim online
- The Hartford: 800-236-0398 or report your claim online
- Progressive Insurance: 800-776-4737 or report your claim online
- Safeco Insurance: 877-566-6001
- Travelers Insurance: 800-252-4633 or report your claim online
- Travelers Insurance Flood Company: 800-505-0193 or report your claim online
- Texas Windstorm Association (TWIA): 512-899-4900