You might think your auto and homeowners insurance is enough to protect your property and shield you from financial losses resulting from an accident or injury to others. The truth is it’s a great start, but sometimes it's not enough.
Accidents happen, it’s a fact of life. Personal umbrella liability insurance is designed to protect you against a lawsuit or judgment resulting from bodily injury or damage to someone’s property. It increases the amount of liability protection beyond the basic coverage of your underlying insurance policies.
- Your neighbor trips in your yard and sues you for $5 million dollars. But your homeowner’s insurance coverage is only $750,000. Guess who is responsible for the rest?
- Your teenager was at fault in a serious car accident which harmed several people and caused damage equaling more than your $100,000 car insurance coverage limit.
Unfortunately, situations like this can happen to anyone. Once your current insurance coverage limits are met, you are responsible for the remaining damages and legal costs.At TDECU Insurance, you can count on competitive premiums, customizable policies and responsive claim service. For a no-obligation quote, call one of our licensed insurance representatives at 888-833-7358 or Get a Quote today!
It’s raining lawsuits out there. Everyone is at some risk. Consider your chances of getting hit with an injury claim or lawsuit. You may have a higher risk if you:
- Have a pool or trampoline
- Have a teenage driver
- Own an ATV or other recreational vehicle
- Own other recreation equipment that could lead to accidents
Even if you don’t consider yourself wealthy, you may have assets that need protecting. If you are successfully sued over and above your coverage limits, any of the following can be taken to cover the costs:
- Future income – This is a surprise for many people. Think about giving up a portion of your check each month because of an accident in your yard
- Savings, including retirement savings
- Cars and boats
- Virtually everything you own can be seized to pay damages (primary residences are excluded in some states)
Your umbrella policy can cover many situations that normally aren’t covered by other liability policies, such as, personal injury lawsuits arising from slander, libel, defamation of character, and shock/mental anguish.At TDECU Insurance, you can count on competitive premiums, customizable policies and responsive claim service. For a no-obligation quote, call one of our licensed insurance representatives at 888-833-7358 or Get a Quote today!
Flood, Personal Articles, Auto, Commercial, Home, Watercraft, Umbrella TDECU Insurance has expedited the process of reporting a claim. If you experience a loss, simply contact your carrier directly at the numbers listed below.
- Allstate Insurance: 800-255-7828 or report your claim online
- Chubb: 800-252-4670 or report your claim online
- Encompass Insurance: 800-588-7400
- Fidelity National Property & Casualty: 800-220-1351
- Fidelity National Flood: 800-725-9472
- Foremost Insurance: 800-527-3907 or report your claim online
- The Hartford: 800-236-0398 or report your claim online
- Progressive Insurance: 800-776-4737 or report your claim online
- Safeco Insurance: 877-566-6001
- Travelers Insurance: 800-252-4633 or report your claim online
- Travelers Insurance Flood Company: 800-505-0193 or report your claim online
- Texas Windstorm Association (TWIA): 512-899-4900